COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
When will a Beta Release?

I really plan on funding this game. It looks pretty good, but I would like to know; When is the first round of BETA?

1/1/2017 3:34:06 AM #1

No one knows. Alpha 1 is meant to start in the first half of 2017 but there is no set date for anything yet. We'll just have to wait and see.

Beta obviously won't happen until both Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 have happened so that'll probably take a couple of months.

1/1/2017 3:35:16 AM #2

Alpha is rumored to be around three months from now at the earliest. So i would say late summer or early fall for the betas. But that is being rather optimistic. I dont expect the full game to be realeased until 2018.

1/1/2017 3:38:17 AM #3

Hard to tell, the given release date is december 2017 but it will probably be delayed a bit id think, you can base when the alpha and betas will be out off that, keeping in mind expo is 3 months before official release

Alt text - can be left blank

1/1/2017 5:53:50 AM #4

Will all alpha and beta servers be wiped?

1/1/2017 6:05:46 AM #5

Posted By tjz350 at 11:53 PM - Sat Dec 31 2016

Of course. It's testing, not early starts. Expo starts after that followed by launch.

Join Freeport County, we like boats. And dogs.

1/1/2017 6:51:38 AM #6

Posted By tjz350 at 10:53 PM - Sat Dec 31 2016

(I'm basing this reply off of other alpha/betas I've been in)

Yes they will. Alpha servers especially in the early weeks of Alpha I might see wipes happening every week, every few days, or perhaps even every day. This is all due to the fact that they are moving from just having at most 20-30 people in the game world right now ( the dev team doing internal testing) to 200-400 people or more during the alpha I phase. This will open up the greater potential of finding server crashing bugs as it were as there will be many more people venturing about in the game world. Now depending on the nature of these bugs and the remedies used to control them until they are fixed until they can be patched (server shutdowns, or restarts every few hours) will determine when they apply the patches, which will then determine when they might wipe the servers during Alpha I.

Server wipes will also occur up to Beta I when significant additions to the early content of the game (ie the first few days/weeks of a normal character)

Now in late Beta, or in this case Beta II, there SHOULDN'T be any server wipes from start to finish of Beta II as this is the final polishing as it were of the game. It isn't impossible for a server wipe to occur during the middle of a final Beta, but it is extremely unusual for it to happen. However, as this is the point where the highest amount of people are in the game world prior to the actual launch day of the game, it is possible and even probable that instead of wipes, that the unfound problems so far will result in partial rollbacks of the server instead of wipes as the dev team fixes these issues.

All of this is part of the development and testing process. The reason for the wipes and rollbacks is mostly to clear the server of the errors caused by the bogus parts of the code that they had missed. Now their is the other type of rollback of the servers that is caused mostly by crashes where the server hasn't saved or fully saved all of the relevent character data, thereby creating a 'rollback' once the server is restored/returned to normal function. This second type of rollback will also happen during the alpha/beta phases, and we can only hope that we provide the dev team with enough information to keep this from happening once the game gets to launch.

I hope this answers your question.

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

1/1/2017 5:03:50 PM #7

i really hope that this game will be released soon enough.

uvuvwevwevwe onyetwenyevwe ugwemubwem ossas

1/1/2017 5:09:53 PM #8

Changed my mind, not going to fund until I AT LEAST see something playable, regardless of how bad it looks. Been burned too hard with so much wasted dollars down the toilet in couple of other games (<-Revival guy here).

Soon as a few hundred people are able to get onto their servers into an almost complete world, they'll get my 1,000$.

1/1/2017 6:24:33 PM #9

Posted By Jonglow at 09:09 AM - Sun Jan 01 2017

Changed my mind, not going to fund until I AT LEAST see something playable, regardless of how bad it looks. Been burned too hard with so much wasted dollars down the toilet in couple of other games (<-Revival guy here).

Soon as a few hundred people are able to get onto their servers into an almost complete world, they'll get my 1,000$.

You said in another thread that you bought a Founder's pack. Are you saying now that you haven't funded this game at all?

1/1/2017 7:55:55 PM #10

Posted By Teland at 10:24 AM - Sun Jan 01 2017

You said in another thread that you bought a Founder's pack. Are you saying now that you haven't funded this game at all?

Teland, given there is no tier associated with his account, its a safe bet he didn't back at the founder tier. If they did, then is on layaway and they don't count yet in the grand scheme of things.

He is just blustering and somehow thinks dangling $1000 on the forums will somehow make someone bend over backwards for him.

1/1/2017 9:12:04 PM #11

Hey Xearo. Yes, that's the impression I was getting but wanted to give him a chance to clarify his statements.

What I haven't quite figured out is why he thinks he's so much smarter than the rest of us who likely have as much - or even more - MMORPG and general gaming experience than he does. To just show up one day not knowing anything about the game to thinking he knows it all 2 hours later is pretty hilarious to me.

1/1/2017 11:27:18 PM #12

Take some time and read up about Kingdoms of Elyria (KoE). By the time a few hundred get to play in the world all the Kingdoms and Dukes will have lined up which Counts are going to be part of our Duchy's and Kingdom's, so good luck with that strategy.

Counts that squat in my Duchy without being vetted and invited won't last very long as Counts ;-) I think you will find the same attitude in most of the other Dukes as well. I would recommend you tone down your hostile forum banter and read up on the game and the progress the Devs are making.

1/2/2017 8:21:20 AM #13

Just discovered this game and am quite intrigued. Plan on donating at tax return time. Was just curious how far into development this was. IE has Alpha started yet etc. Don't want to purchase an aplha test account of beta is already underway.

1/2/2017 8:24:57 AM #14

Posted By Likthorh at 12:21 AM - Mon Jan 02 2017

Just discovered this game and am quite intrigued. Plan on donating at tax return time. Was just curious how far into development this was. IE has Alpha started yet etc. Don't want to purchase an aplha test account of beta is already underway.

Currently the projected date for Alpha testing (and land selection) Is March 2017. Beyond that, best guess is Soon(tm).

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

1/8/2017 3:36:35 AM #15

Posted By Teland at 05:24 AM - Mon Jan 02 2017

It was a good chance he hadn't, at the time, as it wasn't attached to his account. In a very rare case he might have somehow not connected the two accounts, but my offer to get them linked went ignored which basically sealed it for me. As a new user, he didn't realise how easy it is for any community member to see if someone else is a backer or not.

At this stage, the 'JonGlow' account's being used to basically troll the community here and I will be vigilant on it until either Jon changes his mind about the game or gets bored trolling the community of a game he doesn't want to be part of (which is super odd).

If anyone sees any trolling or anti-social behaviour, feel free to drop me a PM.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.