COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Al'tifali

... is the name of the religion for the Two-Fold Queen. That is now all 5...

• Virtori
  • Qindred
  • Faedin
  • Al'tifali
  • Faithless

For those curious about the origin of Al'tifali, it comes from blending a couple different Arabic words together, most noticeably, "Celebration", and "Children". The very loose translation we apply to it is, the followers of the Two-Fold Queen are her "tifa" (not tifl), or Children.

Note: We know it's not true Arabic. Like all of our religion names, it's inspired by the language, not a literal translation.

11/6/2017 8:54:09 PM #16

Ok ok. Yes, it is the name of the religion for the Two-Fold Queen. That is now all 5...

• Virtori
  • Qindred
  • Faedin
  • Al'tifali
  • Faithless

For those curious about the origin of Al'tifali, it comes from blending a couple different Arabic words together, most noticeably, "Celebration", and "Children". The very loose translation we apply to it is, the followers of the Two-Fold Queen are her "tifa" (not tifl), or Children.

Note: We know it's not true Arabic. Like all of our religion names, it's inspired by the language, not a literal translation.

11/6/2017 9:00:13 PM #17

I like it, quite an exotic name for the Two-Fold Queen and it fits well with the theme going for it.

11/6/2017 9:06:56 PM #18

<3

That is all.

11/6/2017 9:11:47 PM #19

I like that. It fits really well with the TFQ and how her people worship her.

11/6/2017 9:29:15 PM #20

Not a huge fan to be honest. It is my least favorite of the 5 words. Doesn't roll off the tongue for me. I am generally pretty against any word that includes a ' in the middle of it. I prefer simple, easy to say words. Ultimately that is subjective but for me overly exotic words with symbols in them are rarely good, but it isn't a huge deal to me either way.

11/6/2017 9:45:14 PM #21

I didn't know they were called Faithless. Now I will just have banging tunes stuck in my head every time they are discussed.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

11/7/2017 4:28:28 AM #22

Posted By Kleos at 4:29 PM - Mon Nov 06 2017

Not a huge fan to be honest. It is my least favorite of the 5 words. Doesn't roll off the tongue for me. I am generally pretty against any word that includes a ' in the middle of it. I prefer simple, easy to say words. Ultimately that is subjective but for me overly exotic words with symbols in them are rarely good, but it isn't a huge deal to me either way.

Would you be happier if it was spelled Alltifolly?

11/7/2017 5:20:25 AM #23

We should give the waerd Hashashin like names... You know Altair of the Al'tifali?

Edit : Sorry, I forgot... Alamut of the Al'tifali as well.

11/7/2017 8:28:40 AM #24

To me it sounds great but I guess I might pronounce it differently or just wrong. Anyway I like it and it might be the best one out of those names in my opinion.

11/7/2017 8:42:59 AM #25

Posted By Caspian at

So it means "The celebrated children"?

And is the origin of the name in Desert, or some other language? -wonders how the Dras came across the TFQ with it's Desert-born name in their travels from the tropical jungle, across the freshwater wetlands, to their eventual home in the swamps.

Imgur Imgur

11/7/2017 9:03:23 AM #26

Posted By Sharielane at 03:42 AM - Tue Nov 07 2017

So it means "The celebrated children"?

And is the origin of the name in Desert, or some other language? -wonders how the Dras came across the TFQ with it's Desert-born name in their travels from the tropical jungle, across the freshwater wetlands, to their eventual home in the swamps.

Could have been ancient missionaries, long since died out but not before they converted a stable enough population of followers that it continued to grow on its own.

I don't know if it explains it in the tribe writeup or not, this is purely speculation based on RL precedent.

11/8/2017 1:10:56 PM #27

All to fall.

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

11/8/2017 10:18:35 PM #28

I love it--I think it sounds beautiful.

(I speak Arabic, though, so I am perhaps biased.)

11/8/2017 11:44:25 PM #29

Hail All!

I initially just provided the name "Al'tifali" when I posted this in Early Access and let them speculate as to what it meant.

However - Yes, it is the name of the religion for the Two-Fold Queen.

11/9/2017 2:32:00 AM #30

Very nice, I like the sound of it.