Last year, we hinted that surname reservation would be on the way very shortly. We had to do additional work to ensure account merging went smoothly, but now that we've completed those tasks, it's time to start the march towards surname reservation!
Starting on March 1, we'll start to roll out the surname reservation feature to users based on influence order. Not sure how much influence you have? Log in to your Chronicles of Elyria profile to find out!
This is your opportunity to reserve a unique surname in Chronicles of Elyria! To participate in surname reservation, you need a minimum pledge package of Bloodline or above, or a Surname & Coat of Arms item from our online store.
What's Surname Reservation?
Reserve a surname that becomes a part of the game's history on your server. Build a dynasty with a custom surname that will last centuries in the game! When your character's soul moves on to the next body, your surname will live on over the generations of which Chronicles of Elyria will unfold.
Are There Restrictions to the Surname I Choose?
We're building an immersive world in Chronicles of Elyria. To achieve that goal, we need to set a few parameters in place to able to maintain that immersion. So that means you won't be seeing any B0aty McB0atface's running around New Haven. Here's the list of restrictions:
- Cannot contain numerals
- Cannot have any leading or trailing space before or after the surname if there isn't a second word
- Cannot contain any symbols other than one apostrophe and/or one hyphen (example: Ba-twoon'ip)
- Can have at most one apostrophe and one hyphen
- There can be at most one space, max of two words (example: von Baschturen, Red Beard)
- May contain Extended Latin character set (a-z plus: À, Á, Â, Ã, Ä, Å, Æ, Ç, È, É, Ê, Ë,Í, Î, Ï, Ð, Ñ, Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, Ø, Ù, Ú, Û, Ü, Ý, Þ, ß, à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ, ç, è, é, ê, ë, ì, í, î, ï, ð, ñ, ò, ó, ô, õ, ö, ø, ù, ú, û, ü, ý, þ, ÿ, þ, µ)
- May contain at most two capital letters per word, one of which must be the first letter of the word (example: McDonald, Van Nuren, van Nuren)
- May not include any of the names or words in Soulbound Studios' surname exclusion list (profanity, copyrighted names, Caspian, etc.)
- If your surname does not meet the above requirements, it will be considered invalid, and you'll have to choose another surname.
And if you need some inspiration, we're giving everyone the ability to play around with our Elyrian random-name generator! Random surnames are created using the language rules we create for each language. Use the random-name generator to see what sort of surnames would be associated with the tribes of Elyria!
How Will It Work?
- You'll need to log into your Chronicles of Elyria account before you can start the surname reservation process.
- You'll need to own either a Bloodline or above package, OR a Surname and Coat of Arms item to reserve your surname.
- We'll announce the web address for surname reservation when it goes live. Once we've published that page, there will be an "availability" button you can click, and you'll find out if the surname of your choosing is: available, unavailable, or invalid. If your surname is unavailable or invalid, you will be notified and you'll have to enter another surname.
- Once you choose an available surname, you'll click on submit and the name will enter the approval process. You will be notified via private message regarding if your surname was approved or rejected. If your surname was approved, congratulations! If your surname was denied, you will have to start the process over again.
Soulbound Studios reserves the right to approve or reject any submitted surname. All surnames will go through an approval process and surnames may be rejected that are inappropriate to the game world, even if they do not violate the above criteria.
A Sneak Peek
In case you missed it in a recent post from Executive Producer Vye, here's a look at what the page will look like when it launches in March.
Still have questions?
If you are unable to find your answer on the page above you can get help via one of these alternate methods:
- Reach out to the community in this thread
- Connect with our community in our official live Discord chat server.
- Contact us directly at email@example.com. Please include as much detail as possible.
- Read the FAQ below (or click here!)
Edit: 2/26/2018 - Edited final total of 63 allowable extended Latin characters