COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
I'm new so give me your top 3 things I should know.

As the title says, give me 3 of your top things I should know. (If you think I should know these things please leave links for me to read up on them)

This can be anything from CoE or the Community.

Also, how do people have GIF's as their profile picture!?!?!?!? lol

Thank you for your time!

3/11/2019 7:04:18 AM #1

Hold on! You have to give us more info~!

Whats your title? Are you a citizen? Mayor? Count? Etc?

GIFs are for 10K influence users!

3/11/2019 7:07:52 AM #2

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 01:04 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Hold on! You have to give us more info~!

Whats your title? Are you a citizen? Mayor? Count? Etc?

GIFs are for 10K influence users!

Sad Panda towards the GIF.

Also, I purchased the Proprietor pack as I made it late to the game. Again Sad Panda, but the group i'm with a count wants me to be in charge of one of his orders of knights.

3/11/2019 7:13:47 AM #3

(As an overall the DJs are your best friend)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChroniclesOfElyria/wiki/devjournals

But as a top 3 I would suggest

Kingdom Land Management

Whats in store for you

And the most recent

State of Elyria

3/11/2019 7:16:25 AM #4

Thank you. I will begin the studies!

3/11/2019 7:23:17 AM #5
  1. The map is enormous and far bigger than most games

2. Stories emerge from the engine and are not premade quests

3. There are MANY ways for social players to stay relevant and enjoy the game

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

3/11/2019 7:25:38 AM #6

You should also know that a lot of interesting conversations happen on the Official Discord: https://discord.gg/chroniclesofelyria

The "soul chamber" channel is a repository of information the Dev's have said in the discord that has been deemed important.

It's also a good idea to periodically user search for Caspian, snipehunter, and Vye and check their chat history, as they pop in channel fairly frequently to talk, and drop tasty nuggets of information.

3/11/2019 7:38:46 AM #7

Posted By Ineluki at 01:25 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

You should also know that a lot of interesting conversations happen on the Official Discord: https://discord.gg/chroniclesofelyria

The "soul chamber" channel is a repository of information the Dev's have said in the discord that has been deemed important.

It's also a good idea to periodically user search for Caspian, snipehunter, and Vye and check their chat history, as they pop in channel fairly frequently to talk, and drop tasty nuggets of information.

right after reading this i went to the discord and a MOD posted a wonderful screen shot in the common room. ha TYVM

3/11/2019 8:27:49 AM #8

Posted By Railen at 01:38 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Posted By Ineluki at 01:25 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

right after reading this i went to the discord and a MOD posted a wonderful screen shot in the common room. ha TYVM

Keep in mind, Caspian/SBS have said anything released only on discord is unofficial and doesn't become official until it's also released here on the forums. With the exception of the Soul Chamber posts on discord, which are mostly official.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

3/11/2019 11:57:49 AM #9

1) Alpha backers have been promised access to a "playable" version of the game (partial feature set) some time this summer.

2) Alpha access is no longer available for purchase

3) No other dates published for successive phases or final release which is not likely to be anytime very soon. (Certainly not in 2019)

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

3/11/2019 1:57:40 PM #10

Since your count wants you to be a knight:

1) Combat has real consequences, permadeath is a thing, and the fates of towns, counties, duchies and kingdoms will depend on the outcomes of our battles.

2) Combat is based on a mix of player skill and character skill, practice during peacetime will be vital to avoiding a costly lack of ability during actual combat. On that note wearing the correct equipment for the role and battle you’re fighting is as important as your ability to swing a sword well.

3) Tribe matters, each tribe has its advantages and disadvantages when it comes to combat (Waerd for instance can’t take advantage of the mass combat mechanics) picking the right tribe is much more than just aesthetics, want to be a traditional European knight? Play Neran. Want to be a ranger, gliding stealthily between the trees? Play Kypiq. Want to be a heavy infantryman and stand in a Roman style formation? Play Hrothi. Want to be a Viking? Play Brudvir. Etc.

Coming Soon(tm)

3/11/2019 2:59:25 PM #11

stay in drugs

eat your Count

don't do vegetables

3/11/2019 4:04:13 PM #12

Since CoE is a PvP focused game not just in its combat but in economic warfare, lies and rumors to destroy your standing within an area. Everything in the game decays, and everything including the weather wants to kill you so my three things...

1. You will die.
  2. You will be robbed.
  3. Your home will be destroyed.

Learn to embrace change rather than clinging to in game items or stats if you want to keep your sanity.

3/11/2019 4:25:22 PM #13

Posted By Kyleran at 04:57 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

1) Alpha backers have been promised access to a "playable" version of the game (partial feature set) some time this summer.

3) No other dates published for successive phases or final release which is not likely to be anytime very soon. (Certainly not in 2019)

Where does it say "Alpha" backers have been promised access to "playable" version of the game, looks like I am missing some info.

Life's a Struggle when you are a Muggle.

A Wild Friend Code has appeared: F16C4D

3/11/2019 4:55:28 PM #14

Posted By Kyleran at 05:57 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Lol the only thing that is right in all this is that Alpha 1 is no longer able to be purchased

3/11/2019 5:28:50 PM #15

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 12:55 PM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Posted By Kyleran at 05:57 AM - Mon Mar 11 2019

Lol the only thing that is right in all this is that Alpha 1 is no longer able to be purchased

Quotes from the Dev Journal

1.) "Our goal for the completion of Release 0.5.0 is to have a complete, playable game." [Note, no actual target date but he probably doesn't realize he set a defacto one with his comments, Sept 22nd, 2019, the "end of summer".]

"The Pre-Alpha phase for us means delivering a client and server that allows our Alpha 1 backers to get in and play a subset of the Alpha 1 features in a fully playable game."  

We're about three-fifths of the way done with the features we have planned for the Pre-Alpha"

"With about 40% of the feature work remaining in Release 0.5.0, we've still got another couple months to finish up release 0.5.0. While I don't have an exact date I can provide, it will likely take until this summer to finish up"

Dates (or lack thereof) from the Dev Journal:

Pre-Alpha

Alpha 1

Alpha 2

Beta 1

Beta 2

I'll take the bet COE doesn't launch in 2019, no reasonable person should expect it.

Bonus tip: be wary of taking estimates from those with GIF avatars, they tend to be overly optimistic.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT